Friday, September 24, 2010

Friends so far


I have met may people who are very different than the people that I would usually hang out with. The two that I hang out with the most are Katie and Daniel. They are both Americans, and like to play pokemon, and other games with varying degrees of physical interaction. You might call them Gamers. They were very exited to get the newest version of pokemon even though the instructions are in Japanese. We frequently go places together. We have gone to Kyoto, and Osaka. We also went and did Karaoke together with Ayana. We explored Hirakata Station and the surrounding stores together. Katie and I usually meet each other before classes around 8 or 8:30. Daniel is almost habitually late for classes and I think that it might become a problem for him if he keeps it up. I have a bit of a problem nagging him about it, so I am trying not to. Neither of them are Christians, and Katie has spoken of issues that she has had in the past with people trying to proselytize her. I am rather jealous of her because her host family is Christian and her host mom goes to church regularly, while my host family is Buddhist. Over all I enjoy spending time with them even though we have a generational gap and widely different backgrounds.
There are others that I have regular interaction with like one girl  who is quite profane, and a bit obsessed with sex. She is in my ceramics class and really admires my pottery. I like to help her sometimes in class. She is very gregarious. I enjoy her. There are many other people that I have met a few times. One girl, Isabel, who is a Christian girl who I met the first week at the dorm. She is going to check out rumors of a Christian Fellowship group at the dorms.
I also have met a couple of Japanese girls. Ayana is my language partner, and her friend Momoko came with us to Kyoto the first time we went. Ayana is taking the TOFUL this Saturday. Well those are my friends so far.
Thanks for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment